Darren Walsh from Peterborough, has won this year’s prize for funniest joke at the Edinburgh Fringe. The winning joke was: “I just deleted all the German names off my phone. It’s Hans free.”
Previous winners include Tim Vine, Stewart Francis, Zoe Lyons and Nick Helm. The youngest comedian to make the top ten was ‘Grace the Child’ aged 12.
The top 10 funniest jokes of the Fringe
- “I just deleted all the German names off my phone. It’s Hans free” – Darren Walsh
- “Kim Kardashian is saddled with a huge arse … but enough about Kanye West” – Stewart Francis
- “Surely every car is a people carrier?” – Adam Hess
- “What’s the difference between a ‘hippo’ and a ‘Zippo’? One is really heavy, the other is a little lighter” – Masai Graham
- “If I could take just one thing to a desert island I probably wouldn’t go” – Dave Green
- “Jesus fed 5,000 people with two fishes and a loaf of bread. That’s not a miracle. That’s tapas” – Mark Nelson
- “Red sky at night. Shepherd’s delight. Blue sky at night. Day” – Tom Parry
- “The first time I met my wife, I knew she was a keeper. She was wearing massive gloves” – Alun Cochrane
- “Clowns divorce. Custardy battle” – Simon Munnery
- “They’re always telling me to live my dreams. But I don’t want to be naked in an exam I haven’t revised for…” – Grace The Child
2,000 people voted on a shortlist of gags to find this year’s winner.